<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Randy Barnett wasn't the only one 


Hei Lun's previous post about "The Producers" detailed Randy Barnett's complaint that he "could not understand why everyone was laughing so hard at such antiquainted schtick, including good old fashioned gay jokes that never ended." After seeing the show on Saturday night I was left with pretty much the same opinion. It was a fun play, I enjoyed the music and can actually remember a few lyrics as well as a line or two of dialogue, but this play had Mel Brooks written all over it. Which, for what I paid (and I only paid half price for my ticket), wasn't neccessarily a good thing. I felt almost as if I had walked in on "Robin Hood: Men in Tights - The Musical"

The whole experience left me with the impression that "The Producers" was just an excuse for a bunch of "high-culture" people to pay $100.00+ to sit and laugh at a bunch of dick and fart jokes. (And let's not even talk about the Jew jokes that went right over my head.) I think i'd go and see it again, if only because the plot is just too cheeky not to love, but only if the price dropped to say... $20. I'd much rather spend my "dick and fart joke" money on whatever a Kevin Smith DVD cost these days.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?