<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Baseball first round predictions 


WARNING The last sports prediction I made was that the Atlanta Falcons had a good chance of going 5-1 with Doug Johnson at quarterback.

Braves-Cubs
I'm a big Greg Maddux fan, but he simply is not the same pitcher in the playoffs for whatever reason. The two best starting pitchers in the series by far are Mark Pryor and Kerry Wood. I think this big edge is enough to overcome the Braves' superiority in all other areas. Cubs in 5

Giants-Marlins
The Giants have a better offense and better starting pitching. And they have Barry Bonds. Giants in 4

Yankees-Twins
Again the Yankees have both the better offense and the better pitching. Their bullpen is a concern, but the Minnesota offense won't be good enough to force the Yankees to go deep into their bullpen. Yankees in 3

Red Sox-Athletics
There will be a game in which the Red Sox bullpen blows a lead. But both Pedro Martinez and Derek Lowe have been at their best in the last month, and it's more probable that the Red Sox offense can get 3 or 4 runs off the Oakland starters than the A's offense doing to same to Martinez and Lowe.
Red Sox in 5

UPDATE Wow, one game into the playoffs and I'm already wrong. Not that as a Red Sox fan I'm complaining or anything. I should also add that the team in my fantasy football league I thought had the best players is now in last place.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?