<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

East side, not west 


Just in from UMass Amherst, an editorial in which every claim is wrong!

Here's my favorite: "And finally there's the way Bush even got the gig as commander-in-chief. The Tenth Amendment states that the Supreme Court is not allowed to vote on the outcome of an election. Yet the Supreme Court did just that; and, in a five to four vote, it allowed Bush to take the stage."

Of course, as far as I understand the Tenth Amendment, it says no such thing. Thankfully, I've yet to find this kind of stunning ignorance anywhere at UMass Boston. There's a chance that this piece may be picked up by our school newspaper, if it does you can be guaranteed I'll submit a reply. I sent in a letter to the editor piece this weekend in response to a fraudulent editorial claim, if it makes the paper on Thursday I'll provide a link.

(Via Eric Lindholm)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?