<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 07, 2003

Why never to bet against your own team 


On the one hand, I know that Gray Davis is a horrible governor and that it'd be a good thing if he gets thrown out of office, regardless of who ends up replacing him. On the other hand, I stand to make $42 if the recall gets canceled, or delayed in any way such that it would not be held on October 7.

The story: yesterday, I saw from Mickey Kaus that the ACLU lawsuit to stop the recall has been assigned three judges who, according to Kaus, are "both a) liberal and b) willing to make trouble." Kaus also quotes Rick Hasen predicting an ACLU victory: "I think it's fairly likely, especially given the judges who are going to hear the case." I went to the Iowa Electronic Markets and bought 21 shares of stock that pays out $2 each if the recal is canceled, for only 92.5 cents.

So should I root for the recall to be delayed or canceled, and make $42, or should I root for the recall to succeed, improving the governorship in a state far, far away? Hmmm...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?