<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 10, 2003

it's about carefully crafting an image over time 


Jessica Simpson wants a new job: "That's so fun, you know? Like, I just think that would be a great first role for me, because it wouldn't be one of those cheesy pop-star roles they normally take. If I'm going to have a movie career, I don't want it to be the little here today, gone tomorrow movie career. I want to be like a Reese Witherspoon, a Meg Ryan or Julia Roberts. I want to make it last"

So what role is she talking about? Surely whatever it is it'll be a challenging as playing a diabetic mom, or perhaps faking an orgasm in a diner?

"I was just like, 'Ohmigosh, that's the one I want to do!' I want to be Barbara Eden (Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie - ed.), I want to do all that stuff,"

Or maybe not.

Here's an interesting tidbit: "There's also a Marvel Comics [character] that I'm kind of signed up for," she said. "I can't really talk about it because it's one of those legal things, but, yeah, I foresee big movies in the future."

Let the speculation begin. I think the obvious guess would be Susan Storm of The Fantastic Four. IIRC Marvel submitted a stockholder report not too long back in which it stated it would have a Fantastic Four movie ready for November '04 release.

The beauty of this casting? Susan Storm is also known as the Invisible Woman, and wouldn't it be great if we could just make Jessica Simpson disappear?

(I think we all saw that coming. ed.)

I just tried to locate this pretty comprehensive Marvel Movie Rumors site I have bookmarked at home to no avail, so aside from stating that Jessica Simpson would be a really hot Ms. Marvel, I can't really speculate what other role she might be signed up for, except to say that I can't imagine she's playing a Bethany Cabe or Pepper Pots to someone's Tony Stark.

In other comic movie news, Halle Berry is talking about Catwoman.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?