<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 02, 2003

welcome to 1999 


Dan Drezner discovers the Political Compass: Taking the survey, I was shocked, shocked to discover that I'm a economic and social libertarian!!* ":Taking the survey, I was shocked, shocked to discover that I'm a economic and social libertarian!!"

I've taken the test a half dozen or so times in my lifetime, and I remember that dating back to high school I consistently scored with coordinates between 0 and1 as economically (un)liberal and 0 and -1 as socially liberal. Yes, I've been a lame moderate all my life. The test has been updated for the post 9-11 world, and here is my new score:

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

What the heck hapened to me? I blame this entirely on their revamped questions about the relationship between the citizen and the state. Those few cleverly disguised questions about Terrorism and the Patrioct ACT must have thrown my score off. Yeah, that's it.

I'll retake the test in a few days, after the stress of midterms this week has erased my answers from my mind. Developing...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?