<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 28, 2003

why the left is losing me, and is going to get crushed in the election 


If I can borrow a little Chandler Bing this morning, how can anyone possibly be this cynical:
How much do you think this little poll-driven PR stunt cost the taxpayers? Puts me in the mind of the good old days on the Abraham Lincoln with the "Mission Accomplished" banner.
In his post, Matthew Yglesias is demonstrating how out of touch the left is with the hearts and minds of the American people. When I heard about this story (I believe ABC broke it first) I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a bit choked up. And I have a feeling that most Americans were at least appreciative of the significance of the visit, if not quite as emotional as I.

This doesn't parallel well to the Lincoln carrier landing. That was a phony event, with several poorly constructed lies for justifying Bush arriving in a fighter jet, as well as more ambiguity over the origin of the "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Bush sneaking himself into a war zone to deliver a holiday message to the men and women who are risking their lives everyday was a fantastic move that defies the imagination and projects a real image of leadership. This is because flying into Baghdad under cover of darnkess with the shades drawn while utilizing a different call name conjures this sort of James Bond sexyness. Bush demonstrated a real hero quality by risking his life to sneak away from family and country to be with those people in the world who need him the most, the men and women of the armed services. That's a genuine and honest heart warming tale (which, I suppose, requires one have a heart).

BY THE WAY MATT: How much has this boondoggle of a PR vacation cost the US?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?