<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 02, 2004

The shoe might be on the other foot, but that foot is in Dennis Hastert's mouth 


House Speaker Dennis Hastert had this to say about Representative Ralph Hill swapping parties:
"Ralph is a man of courage and a man of great conviction," Hastert said. "Common sense continues to guide him in Washington and now in the Republican Party."
Five paragraphs earlier Rep. Ralph Hill explained his change of heart:
"I've always said that if being a Democrat hurt my district I would switch or I would resign," Hall said in an interview with The Associated Press. He said GOP leaders had recently refused to place money for his district in a spending bill and "the only reason I was given was I was a Democrat."
For some reason Rep. Ralph Hill's words don't instill me with patriotic fervor, but instead remind me far more of Rasheed Wallace than anything else:
"I don't (care) about no trade rumors. As long as somebody CTC at the end of the day, I'm with them. For all you that don't know what CTC means, that's 'Cut The Check'. I just go out there and play. So long as somebody CTC, it's gravy with me."
Pork-barrel patrioti$m indeed.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?