<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Those evil Republicans are more powerful than I thought ... 


Viking Pundit quotes this exchange from the Democratic presidential debate:

The first question is for Governor Dean.

Forty years ago, in his State of the Union address, President Lyndon Johnson declared an unconditional war on poverty. Both Democrats and Republicans have controlled the White House and Congress since then. Why are so many Americans still living in poverty?

DEAN: I think a lot of it has to do with the extraordinary corporate alliances and rapaciousness that this president has encouraged since he's been president.
Well, I'm pretty sure that most people who are poor now were poor three years ago, or forty years ago, for that matter. So Bush not only has the ability to make people poor now, he can also go back in time, all the way back to 1964, to make people back then poor too. I mean, I know Karl Rove is all-powerful because he can get voting machines rigged even in the states where Democrats control the governorship and both houses of the legislature. But this completely changes things. If I piss off Bush enough, he might go back in time to make me even poorer than I am now, or he might even erase my existence completely! I'd better vote for him now!

Maybe that's what the new movie The Butterfly Effect is about: every time Bush goes back in time someone gets poorer.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?