<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

well said 


"I felt like I had just inadvertently joined Al Qaeda." -- ESPN's Bill Simmons on being accused of sounding like a Yankee fan after the Patriots won their second Superbowl in three years.

And there's good reason to make this comparison:
Was it possible -- just asking, but was it possible -- that Yankee fans weren't that bad, that we were just jealous of their good fortune? Dad thought about it for a second.

"I don't know," he said finally. "Yankee fans are pretty awful."

As always, he was right. For instance, my Uncle Ricky is the resident Yankee fan in my family. He's my mom's brother, but we're pretty sure he was adopted. Anyway, he sent me a Christmas present this year, a framed "Curse of the Bambino" montage with pictures of Dent's home run, the ball rolling through Buckner's legs and Boone's homer against Wakefield. It was either funny or evil, depending on your mood. Merry Christmas. Right now it's sitting in my closet, next to my signed Buckner-Mookie baseball, another holiday gift from Uncle Ricky. These are the things Yankee fans do.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?